The Pilsen - Tourist Paradise (Pilsen Region Tourism Portal) 
SpringSummerAutumnWinter

Starý Plzenec - Fortified Settlement and Romanesque Chapel

Starý Plzenec - Fortified Settlement and Romanesque Chapel

Rotunda of St. Peter and Paul in Old Plzenec is well-preserved building from the late 10th century. It originally used to be part of Přemyslid dynasty seat.

Rotunda of St. Peter and Paul in Old Plzenec is well-preserved building from the late 10th century. It originally used to be part of Přemyslid dynasty seat. In its vicinity are the exposed foundations of churches from 11th century. It is the oldest and most precious monument in Western Bohemia, the pre-Romanesque building blocks of dressed quartz, in the form of a simple circular shape with an adjoined eastern apse. The diameter is 6.5 metres. In the mid-16th century building was restored and further modifications carried out in 1878 and in the 20’s and 70’s of the 20th century. The Rotunda functioned as the castle chapel.

Last edited by: Beránek Filip (23.06.2010)

 


 

Specify Destinations:

Mapa okresů

TachovDomažliceKlatovyRokycanyPilsen-NorthPilsen-SouthPilsen-City

Name 

District 

Type