The Hydroelectric Power Plant Čeňkova pila
Originally at the confluence of the Křemelná and Vydra rivers, Prague timber merchant Čeněk Bubeníček built a water-powered sawmill for cutting timber. It mainly processed timber that was transported here via the Vchynice-Tetov Navigation Canal built in 1799–1801. In 1908, the sawmill was modernised and three water wheels were installed. Two of them powered two types of cutter saws for different types of timber, and the third one was used to drive woodworking machines.
In 1912, permission was granted to convert the sawmill into a hydroelectric power plant that could power the entire town of Kašperské Hory. The engine room was equipped with a Francis horizontal turbine located in a brick fountain built next to the engine room. The fountain has a diagonal roof with a characteristic turret. The original 105-metre-long mill race, partly built with stone blocks, was supplemented by an impressive, 136-metre-long wooden flume supported by massive pillars. Fir wood was used to repair them. The electricity generated is now transmitted to the neighbouring Vydra Power Plant, from where the entire facility is also operated.